Friday, May 2, 2008

Women's Small Business Expo - LA

Since the kids were born, I haven't had much time to go to conferences and seminars like I used to. I also haven't had as much sleep, gone on vacation, or spent time refining my gourmet culinary skills! But, I digress.

Anyway, I decided that a business expo/day-long conference might energize and revive my spirits. Indeed it did! Linda Hollander, the Wealthy Bag Lady, put on a great day-long conference on April 30 at the Ayres Hotel in Hawthorne (close by LAX). It was a super line-up of speakers including Susan Solovic, the keynote speaker and Founder of SBTV.com (Internet TV for Small Business) as well as many others. It was great! I got to spent time with fellow women business owners from NAWBO-Ventura County when we drove down and back through rush hour LA traffic. (That's a blast! Actually, it was really fun and traffic isn't a problem when you have nice companions!)

We had speakers on marketing, sales techniques, networking, making money off the Internet, and becoming a media celebrity. (The last isn't going to happen--I don't even post a picture on my blog!) But, they were all great and had wonderful information to share. There was an exhibit going on as well throughout the day.

Go to the Women's Small Business Exp to find out more. And, the date has been set for next year--April 29! Same location.

No comments: