Friday, February 1, 2008

Consignment Stores for Kids' Clothes

There are so many ways to get affordable clothing for kids--garage sales, consignment stores, sales at mall/retail stores, and deep discount stores. Once Upon a Child used to be in our area but recently closed. Not only did it have children's clothing but also furniture, baby gear, toys, and more. Recently, the Children's Orchard, another children's consignment store, opened up in our neighborhood and I happened to visit on a Saturday when they were having their "$5 a Bag" event! Wow--that was great! I picked up a whole bunch of clothing for my 2 1/2 year old who is potty training and needs three sets of clothing at his daycare for just in case moments (which happen frequently, might I add.) Three bags for $15 equaled about 12 items. A true bargain! I also found some things for my 5 1/2 year old. You can sign up to receive emails about upcoming sales. The Children's Orchard is a franchise as is Once Upon a Child.

No comments: